Cheese and wine is the perfect duet, a proven recipe for a successful party. Both products boast a unique wealth of flavours and fragrances, and their combination is a real feast for the senses. Both cheese and wine can become one of the greatest pleasures of life for connoisseurs.
Both products have a lot in common. The cheese-making process, like the wine-making process, is very sophisticated. Their common feature is fermentation. Without the fermentation of fruit, there would be no wine, but the cheese would have a completely different taste. In the case of alcoholic liquor, its taste depends on the grape variety, in the case of cheese – on the type of milk from which it is produced. The taste of both delicacies also depends on the production technology and ripening time.
Wine and cheese can be composed in many ways, depending on individual preferences. However, there are some clues to the composition.
- Hard, ripe cheeses (e.g. Parmigiano Reggiano, Grana Padano) are suitable for red wines, also long-ripened.
- Medium-ripened hard and semi-hard cheeses (e.g. Gouda, Maasdam, Emmentaler, Gruyere) will taste best with medium-ripened red wine, as well as white strong wine.
- For mouldy cheeses, we recommend red and slightly sweet, with a fruity note.
- Soft and greasy cheeses blend well with both white and red liqueur wines.
- The white or pink variety will beperfect for fresh cheeses .
- All kinds of smoked cheeses will taste best with wine with a rich, sweet bouquet.
Become our partner
phone +48 32 351 31 60
fax +48 32 450 2700
Prymasa tysiąclecia 62
phone +48 22 837 93 13
fax +48 22 380 16 78